What is ISO 45001?
ISO 45001 is an International Standard that outlines the requirements for an Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Management System, as well as instructions on how to apply it, for an organisation to proactively improve its OH&S performance to prevent injury and illness. ISO 45001 is available to be used by any organisation, regardless of its nature, type, or size. To drive business excellence, and efficient Occupational Health and Safety management system can help you protect and enhance your assets and people.
Why is occupational health and safety management important for you?
To reduce employee absence, companies must take proactive measures to prevent workplace health and safety accidents. ISO 45001 provides a framework for establishing or improving an Occupational Health and Safety Management System. The OH&S training offered by WWISE gives your employees the skills they need to promote workplace health and safety consistently and effectively.
The ISO 45001 standards equip organisations with the components of an efficient safety management system that can be linked with other management systems and help them achieve better occupational health and safety performance as well as financial goals. The goal of ISO 45001, as a risk-based certification, is to consistently motivate an organisation to enhance its occupational health and safety systems.
ISO 45001 can assist the following organisations
The standard is adaptable to manage occupational health and safety and is appropriate for a variety of companies, including:
- Large organisations and enterprises.
- Small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Public and not-for-profit organisations.
- Non-government organisations (NGOs) and charities.
Workers’ involvement in the safety of their workplace has a significant impact on OH&S performance, and OH&S training is the starting point for this involvement. When workers are trained, they immediately recognise that they are valuable, which can help to reinforce the concept that the Occupational Health & Safety management system is all about the workers. For the Occupational Health & Safety Management System to work, workers must understand that they are an integral part of the system.
Workers will be more willing to make the Occupational Health & Safety management system processes work and work well if they understand that the goal for implementing ISO 45001 is to make their working lives better and safer. The fundamental purpose of the Occupational Health & Safety management system is to improve OH&S performance. Getting workers on board with changes is crucial. Planning your ISO 45001 training carefully might be a helpful first step in bringing everyone together to work toward this objective.
Benefits of ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management
An OH&S management system based on ISO 45001 will allow organisations to achieve their OH&S performance by:
- Creating and implementing an OH&S policy as well as OH&S goals.
- Creating systematic processes that take into consideration organisational ’context’, including risks and possibilities, as well as legal and other obligations.
- Determining the hazards and OH&S risks associated with its activities; attempting to eliminate them or implementing procedures to mitigate their potential consequences.
- Establishing functional systems to ensure its legal and other obligations.
- Raising awareness of its OH&S hazards.
- Evaluating and improving its OH&S performance through appropriate actions.
How do I get started with ISO 45001 training?
Once you have completed this course, you will be able to:
- Have a strong understanding of the new standard’s development and progression.
- Have a firm grasp of the new criteria.
- Be well-versed in the steps that must be taken to ensure a smooth transition.
When it comes to Occupational Health and Safety solutions for your company, WWISE is the place to go. We provide extensive training and can construct an OH&S Management System to ensure that your company has the resources it needs to create and maintain a safe working environment for its employees. For additional information, please call 086 109 9473 or (021) 525 9159 (Cape Town) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.