Join Our Team
Ideal Start Date:
Dependent on background and experience
Fixed Term Contract
General Job Specifications
- Installing and configuring network equipment.
- Creating firewalls and updating virus protection software and data security systems to keep data and communications protected.
- Monitoring computer systems to improve network performance for all systems.
- Troubleshooting, resolving, and communicating networking issues to other employees and management.
- Implement disaster recovery procedures.
- Maintaining current knowledge and understanding of security and networking best practices to offer the best solutions and protection to company systems.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests.
- Ability to analyse and evaluate networks, identify issues, and provide solutions to ensure networks are operating efficiently.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously from design to implementation.
- In-depth understanding and practical knowledge of networking systems such as LAN, firewalls, routers, and printers.
Experience and Qualification Requirements
- Comprehensive understanding of network services and networks such as TCP/IP, OSPF and EIGRP.
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Network Engineering.
- Minimum three to five years’ proven work experience as a Network Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician, or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Mac OS environments.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.