Van Zyl Krause
Operations Manager & Health and Safety Specialist (Cape Town Branch)
- NEBOSH International General Certificate
- Occupational Hygiene Legal Knowledge, University of Pretoria
- SAATCA Registered Lead Auditor Course on ISO 9001:2015
- N6 Marketing Management
- ISO 9001:2015 Implementation and internal audit Certificate
- ISO 14001:2015 Implementation and internal audit Certificate
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Implementation and internal audit Certificate
Registered Member of:
- Registered member of Construction Health and Safety Manager
- Registered Member of SACPCMP Registration number: CHSM/216/2016
- Registered Member of South African Institute of Safety Health (SAIOSH)
- Registered Member of Institute of Internal Auditors South Africa (IIA)
- Registered Member of Institute of Risk Management South Africa (IRMSA)
Van Zyl is a qualified Construction Health and Safety Manager with an international certificate from NEBOSH. He is currently registered as a construction health and safety manager with SACPCMP. He specialises in Construction Health and Safety. He has extensive knowledge in the private sector, Construction Management with trades that include temporary works, telecommunication, civils works, services installations i.e. fire and electrical, heavy lifting and rigging, Asbestos, Roofwork etc.
He has recently assisted clients like Discovery, Consol Glass, Distell, Apollo Air, and the Department of Health to develop Construction Health and Safety Specifications based on a baseline risk assessment, design risk reports and geotechnical reports. The scope of a client’s health and safety include assessing and approving the principal contractor’s health and safety system. This consist of assessing the competency and resources, risk assessments, health and safety plans etc. prior to the appointed contractors commencing with work on site. He also did monthly compliance audits on the contractors appointed to ensure compliancy and provided details reports of the findings made.
Furthermore, he has assisted numerous specialised trades to achieve compliancy on site, by developing health and safety systems for the clients. These Health and Safety Systems included but is not restricted to, Health and Safety Plans, baseline risk assessments, issued base risk assessments, method statements and safe working procedures, lock-out procedures and fall protection plans. As part of his scope of work, he audited subcontractors to ensure compliancy and provided detailed reports on the findings made.
Van Zyl is also a qualified ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor & Implementer, ISO 14001:2015 Auditor & Implementer, ISO 45001:2018 Auditor & Implementer, ISO 27001:2013 Auditor & Implementer and ISO 17025:2017 Auditor & Implementer. Some of his recent projects completed are Gold Fields Group Ghana (Damang and Tarkwa), Mafoko Security Patrols, Ntulikazi Trading, Necsa Radio Analysis, Zambia Airports Company (Lusaka and Livingstone), Harbour ST Refits, BJ Magnets, SAMSAFT, Teraco Data Environments, Zuka Construction, Smart Maintenance Services, C3D Design, AKM & Associates and the University of the Free State (IT Department).
Van Zyl Krause has the knowledge and experience in the following categories:
Van Zyl Krause is also accredited with the following bodies:
|Institute of Internal Auditors South Africa (IIASA)|
|South African Council for the Project and Construction Management Professions (SACPCMP)|